We are proud members of Sustainable Salons.
This revolutionary resource recovery program is designed to help salons just like ours to achieve zero waste, reduce our carbon footprint, and implement sustainable work practices that benefit the local community.
95% of the resources used during your service will be diverted from landfill and sent for recycling thanks to our partnership with Sustainable Salons. So what does this actually mean?
- Cut off hair will support charitable causes such as oil-spill clean-up projects, local community gardens and charitable wig making services
- All proceeds gained from recycling the salon’s metals will be donated to not-for-profit community-based organisations that do a killer job helping humanity, such as OzHarvest
- Any leftover chemicals will be recycled into water and used in construction/road works
- Plastic product bottles, packaging and bags are recycled into outdoor furniture and underground sheeting to protect the nbn
- Once our tools reach the end of life, they will be broken down and all valuable parts will be repurposed
For more information, please visit sustainablesalons.org or ask us during your next visit.